Autism Support Workers
We provide information, support and pioneering services, and campaign for a better world for people with autism. We are proud of the difference we make.
We are looking for:
• Patient, inspiring, caring and sensitive towards the needs of vulnerable people
• Good listeners, able to report and record information accurately
• Team players, able to work independently with little support as required
• Resilient, able to work proactively with challenging behaviour
• Willing and able to provide personal care to individuals
• Individuals who value diversity, health and safety and are committed to safe working practices
• Full, clean driving licence.
You may also have:
• A personal connection to autism or a desire to work with people with autism
• Real life experience supporting autistic adults or children with autism in a paid or voluntary capacity
• Previous experience of working with adults with epilepsy.
Where will you be working:
B&NES Community Services located in Bath & the B&NES area, including Midsomer Norton, Radstock and Peasedown St John. This is a supported living and outreach service. This service provides support and care to autistic adults enabling each individual to live independently in their own homes.
Hours of work:
• Various hours available, up to 40 hours per week.
• Working patterns are over a seven day rota with a mixture of mornings, afternoons,
evenings, weekends, sleep-ins, waking nights and bank holiday shifts.
We provide a comprehensive induction, training and development programme as well as 24 hour access to online training.
For more information about this job, please contact: Cathy Atkinson on:
01761 408162 or email: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 31st August 2017
The NAS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and adults who use our services and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete the relevant safeguarding checks.
We are an equal opportunities employer.