This position would suit an ambitious person and the ideal candidate must want to achieve high personal standards of workmanship and take pride in the work they carry out.
Full Time, Permanent, 39 hours per week, bonus scheme, with further opportunities for overtime available through call-outs and work outside normal working hours.
The candidate should be happy to work autonomously and be committed to working safely to meet all health and safety and statutory requirements.
You will learn how to and be responsible for:
- Installation of fire alarm systems and other fire protection equipment.
- Following schematic wiring diagrams and connection procedures
- Reporting of any changes or deficiencies with the installed system
- Completion of work reports, BAFE and other certification
- Service, maintenance and installation of equipment
- Planning, logistics and time planning of work
- Customer communications
- Customer relations
- Supervision of assistants and/or trainees
- Health & Safety
- Vehicle care and maintenance
- Administration of documentation
- Be able to carry, lift and climb ladders
- Able to carry equipment up and down ladders, i.e. detectors, cable and power tools
- Have the ability to use power tools to repair and dismantle equipment
- A qualification within a technical area would be highly desirable
Apply for Trainee Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly