Title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor/Estimator
Salary: 25,000 to 30,000 + 5,000 Car allowance
Sector: Interiors, Drylining, sub-contractor
Start Date: Immediate
Our client is small but an ambitious and fast growing Interiors contractor with an established reputation within the South West market and beyond. Typical projects are interior sub-contracts, partitioning, suspended ceiling, dry-lining as well as full fit-outs, across Commercial and high end residential projects. The company has a strong client based with leading main contractors across the regional.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - The Role:
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Trainer or Assistant level Quantity Surveyor to join the commercial team working closely with a Senior QS You will be responsible for working on contracts from tendering/pricing work through to managing contracts from a commercial perspective.
Typical duties & responsibilities:
- To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project.
- Prepare the cost / value reconciliation reports accurately
- Prepare and agree interim valuations at the agreed dates to gain the best commercial advantage for the company.
- Agree final accounts with subcontractors to maximise project margins.
- Ensure sub contract orders are prepared in accordance with company procedure with reference to the date given on the procurement schedules and / or in accordance with the contract programme having achieved the appropriate approvals.
- Maintain control of sub contractor s accounts and minimise the cost of any variations.
- Manage subcontracts in terms of valuation and correspondence.
- To carry out duties as quantity surveyor on projects as instructed.
- To ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project in their control.
- Prepare or assist with cost / value reconciliation reports on a monthly basis accurately reporting the forecast final financial position of the project.
- Prepare turnover cash flow forecasts as directed by line manager at the commencement of all projects, updating as required and recording actual valuation achieved against forecast.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - The Person
- You will have solid experience with either a national or regional main contractor (6 months + )
- Experience as Assiatabt Quantity. Surveyor with some estimating experience ideal
- Experience of dry-lining and interiors beneficial
- Innovative - ability to identify better ways of doing things
- A good team player, someone who wants to be part of a growing business to achieve common goals.
- This role would suit someone that wants to work within a small business
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - The Reward:
- Competitive salary
- Company car allowance
- Company benefits package
- Varied and unique residential developments
- Continued local work within the South West region
Please contact Foresight Search for more information on this, or any other vacancy (phone number removed)