Human Resources Advisor Hereford Up to £42, month Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to the HR Manager, the HR Officer serves as business partner, covering sites across England and Wales. Working as a key member within the HR team, you will liaise and develop an effective working partnership with various levels of management and colleagues. The HR Officer will ensure all the people elements of the employee lifecycle are professionally delivered, compliant with legal and company policy and supports operational effectiveness.
- Give appropriate HR advice on key issues such as disciplinary, grievance and capability, in line with current employment law and Company policies/procedures
- Support Managers in disciplinary, grievance and appeal hearings. This includes involvement in investigations, guiding and advising the Manager during the hearing. Taking notes and ensuring all relevant documentation is completed throughout the process
- Ensuring that Managers are aware of Company policies and procedures. Ensuring the manager apply these policies and procedures fairly and consistently, in line with good practice and legislative requirements whilst meeting business needs
- Ensure consistent and robust application of the attendance procedure in line with the Absence Policy
- Provide effective advice and guidance on all absence management cases
- Liaise with Occupational Health providers and specialists as required
- Work with Managers to meet their KPI targets for reducing absence levels
Headcount Recruitment & Retention:
- In partnership with the relevant department managers to manage headcount requirements including actual vs planned heads and identify vacancies
- Supporting the resourcing team, ensure the recruitment of colleagues against headcount requirements is achieved in a timely manner
- Work with the resourcing, training team and relevant manager to ensure the onboarding of colleagues is effective
- Contribute to the site retention plan and provide feedback on areas for improvement
- Assist with the recruitment for all relevant roles including skilled and Managerial roles, alongside the Resourcing team
Communication and Engagement:
- Produce and manage KPI information and report at relevant meetings
- Act as point of contact for Managers and colleague queries/issue, where applicable refer them to relevant process to be followed
- Facilitate monthly meetings with managers to keep on top of any employee relations support or general queries
- Participate in or facilitate the arrangement of all regular communication methods with colleagues e.g. Employee Forum
As a HR Officer, my client is looking for someone who can think outside of the box, has a proven ability to build effective relationships with internal and external contacts and encompasses a natural inquisitive nature.
- Demonstrate an up-to-date knowledge of employment law
- CIPD qualified or part qualified level 5 Essential (Level 7 Desirable)
- Experience of working within a manufacturing or fast paced organisation in a HR role.
- Due to the nature of our business and operation s needs, flexibility in hours to cover our 24/7 operations.
- Graduate calibre, ideally in business or HR related discipline - Desirable
- Food industry experience - Desirable
- ILM Level 3/5 - Desirable
- Valid Driving Licence and business insurance and willingness to travel across the various sites when required
For further information, please contact Rhian Mountjoy