Focus your job hunting on areas where the most vacancies exist
Tuesday, August 1, 2023
New Job today lists vacancies from across the UK.
The UK job market in Autumn 2023 is expected to remain strong, with a number of sectors experiencing high demand for workers. However, there are also a number of hard-to-fill vacancies, which are likely to continue to be a challenge for employers.
According to the latest Labour Market Outlook report from the CIPD, two in five employers (42%) have hard-to-fill vacancies. These are most prevalent among employers in education (60%) and healthcare (55%). Both industries anticipate significant problems filling their hard-to-fill vacancies in the next six months (42% and 44%). Why not concentrate your job hunting in the education and healthcare sectors?
The main reasons for hard-to-fill vacancies include:
- A lack of skilled workers in certain sectors
- The rising cost of living, which is making it more difficult for people to afford to work
- The increasing use of AI, automation and technology, which is displacing some jobs
- Businesses have reorganised following the pandemic and companies are changing their recruitment procedures
- Employers are responding to hard-to-fill vacancies by up-skilling more existing staff, raising wages, and offering more flexible working arrangements. However, these measures are not always enough to solve the problem and there are many vacancies across the UK labour market
CIPD reports the following are some of the sectors that are likely to experience high demand for workers in Autumn 2023:
- IT and technology
If you are looking for a job in Autumn 2023, it is important to consider focusing on these sectors. As you hunt for jobs in Autumn 2023, remember New Job Today has got functionality to help you refine your job search by sector and area.