As we approach 2024, over 60% of UK adults are planning to have a New Year’s resolution. Top of this list in some cases is getting a new job and New Job Today can help with this if it’s one of your New Year’s resolutions!
The job market continues to evolve and technology is playing a transformative role in how we work and ang, importantly, how we get new jobs.
Job boards such as New Job Today have become indispensable tools for job seekers offering a simple centralised platform to connect with potential new employers and to explore a wide variety of opportunities.
Job boards are a great place to start the search. Benefits include:
· Convenience and accessibility – job boards contain thousands of listings of jobs. These can be filtered by area, by industry, job title, experience level and salary range.
· Alerts and notifications – job seekers can set up alerts and notification when new positions matching relevant criteria are posted.
· Portability – New Job Today is, like other websites, accessible at any time. The site is device responsive so you get the optimum experience whether accessing the site on mobile or desktop.
· Jobsites are free to users – all you need is wifi or a data connection to access the site!
· Always up to date – sites are constantly updated and jobs on the site are added all the time. Notifications or alerts will make sure that you know about jobs that you’re interested in
· Trends and news – sites such as New Job Today often contain content such as information on industry trends, advice on job applications and areas such as CV building and aften contain links to employers and recruiters page.
When you’re ready to apply, make sure you have an up to date CV you can send or upload. Research your potential employer by looking at their digital presence. Make sure your covering letter to the employer is relevant and specific to the job. If you have them, make sure your social media profiles such as LinkedIn are up to date too!
If getting a new job is part of your New Year’s Resolutions, make sure you’re using new-job-today.co.uk to start your search!